Friday, January 20, 2017

Hacking Health - List Of My Exercises

Hacking Health - List Of My Exercises

Am trying to stick with it. Lots of things happening today. Trump is being inaugurated as the 45th President of the United States. (Yet it has to be mentioned that one President was elected twice: Grover Cleveland was our 22nd and 24th President). Am up and at it early, have had some coffee, and will exercise. Have been using HTML5: Edition for Web Authors as a reference to keep my pages semantically correct. Will get back into my review and studies at Alison.com. And these folks are serious. Am learning quite a bit and am hoping with review some of it will be retained. Am seriously having problems with retention. Think I will make a list in order to remember what I need to stay focused, and should actually go back through my posts to refresh my memories. Today's weather will not permit me to garden nor make plans to capture images.Dang! Need to do laundry as well. Will do some exercises, drink a bit more coffee, and watch some YouTube if there is anything good.

I purchased some photo frames a while back, and was actually able to print three images. So will need to get one other item in order to start displaying my art. Yaaay. Am very excited.

0945 Hours

Am trying to get motivated for the day. The weather is crummy but have completed two sets of leg and glute reps. Hopefully, this will help my adductor pain subside. This takes a lot of time also. Yet, hopefully, it will be worth it.

21jan17: Was sitting here post processing images of my most recent meal. Decided to have a look at exercises I could add into my regimen. The variety and alternatives are quite numerous. Am starting to think the best idea is to just move. Actually just doing whatever is needed to "move" and doing the movement in a way that works the muscles. Working my muscles effectively is the idea.

    List of My Exercises

  • 20 sit-ups:
  • I use a pillow to keep my tailbone from digging a hole through my skin. I do the exercises slowly and using "form". Am remembering when I first began this endeavor, exercising, that I could not complete my first sit-up without pulling myself by cheating. Now I do 3 sets of twenty.

  • 20 right leg-lifts:
  • Am crippled and deformed a bit on my right leg, so I concentrate on this appendage. When I began, was able to lift my right leg, so have been trying and strengthening it. I do 3 sets of 20 reps.

  • 10 ab leglifts:
  • 20 right-side leg-lifts
  • 20 adductor squeezes:
  • Over the past year or so I have been experiencing major discomfort in this area. I put a pillow between my legs and squeeze. 3 sets of 20 reps. Hopefully, this will help me decrease the pain. It really is quite extreme.

  • 5 Push-ups:
  • It is embarrassing to be able to do so few, but I am sticking with it. When beginning I could not do a single push-up. Now, I am proud to say (quietly) that I am able to do 5 push-ups on demand! Did 3 sets of 5 push-ups.

1830 Hours

Setting Goals

I read that it is smart to set goals. And to stick with the goals to accomplish your agenda. This applies to everything. If I set the goals, it will give me an objective. My goal is to alleviate pain. Have pain medication but it doesn't work for everything. And the pain worries me because the medications are not working. Therefore, I have listed my goals in this post so that I can hopefully keep at them. I took a nap... and slept for a couple of hours and I feel good. The weather put a damper on my photography walk abouts today and have been working on my Trump web page. Need to look at my Alison class though. Which I will accomplish as the night ages.

Goals

  • Improve Photography
  • Sell Photographs
  • Fight Pain
  • Improve Coding Skills
  • Study and Learn
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment