Thursday, July 21, 2016

New Studies IV

NS IV- Lists

List Of My Cacti

The next phase of the tutorial videos available on You Tube (wiki) are teaching list creation and list usage inside webpages. Am going to list my cactus species inside this post in order to learn the list elements of html. Was having difficulty trying to build and to develop a webpage to exhibit what is being taught. Not anymore!! Am an avid gardener. Around the apartment I call home, both inside and outside, there are quite a few specimens to list in keeping with the theme, "New Studies." Am going to do some footwork. Will return to this blog in a few minutes.

Have decided to feature my cacti in this post because there are quite a few varieties and they are interesting to read about. And will be able to use the list elements, properties, and rules that I have been learning to use with css and will be able to use html also. While outside looking, noticed that the plants need a bit of TLC. To repeat myself will BRB. Sheesh. Sweeping the front porch did me for a loop. The heat outside is around 114 degrees F. Was just barely moving and am pouring sweat. Will start noting the time as I come back to the log.(1715hrs PDT). Did some yard work outside to prepare my cactus for this blog: have decided to use images that have already been captured. When I wake up from my nap (1750hrs).

    My Cactus

  • Peanut Cactus

  • Added a unordered list and an image that was re-sized smaller to this post. Looking very amateur, so need to continue from where I left off last night. Woke up at 1100hrs. The area of "New Studies" to get a better grip: Adding images and creating lists. Figured it out... the videos are teach style and to create the lists the way I would like am going to study deeper into just plain hypertext markup language.

    Captured a few images of this species yesterday on Monday, 29 August 2016. I have two huge containers out front. Anyway, here below are two new images.

    These are two of the best macro images I have captured of Echinopsis chamaecereus

  • Thimble Cactus
  • Just uploaded this second image. Might be making this either a bit more complicated than it should be or might not know what I am talking about. Will just continue onward 0130hours. Time sure flies when having fun. This image above is showing the first blooms ever by one of my peanut cactus. The Summer season heat is really tearing up my garden.

  • Bunny Ear Opuntia Cactus- White Polka Dot Prickly Pear
  • Have kept at least one specimen of this cactus in my garden since the beginning. The cactus is so easy to grow with almost no special care. Have never had a flower because my plants have never gotten old enough to bloom. Where there would normally be spines this cactus has glochids...tiny almost microscopic pricklers (dangerous to the eyes and lungs).

  • A hybrid Opuntia
  • This is one of the plants I use as a barrier. The pears are literally covered in mean aggressive thorns. Take a close look and you will see for yourself.

  • Cow's Tongue Opuntia
  • Am making certain to have a current photo of my cactus collection in flickr. Cactaceae Opuntia engelmannii. Have quite a few photos of this prickly pear cactus in the album "Plants- Cactus, Yucca, and Succulents." This particular pad was found at the same location and it had been shed by one of the plants. So I picked it up, put it in my backpack, brought it to my new apartment and planted it into the soil. Believe it was planted some time in October or November 2014 and this "pear" has just recently sprouted these buds on the side. Am not sure if the buds are going to be flowers or new paddles. Do know the flowers are bright yellow and very attractive to bees as you can see in the other album if you are interested.This cactus is three to four months growing in my garden. It has started a third generation of paddles as you can see. Am going to locate some more images of this plants parent.

  • Bunny Ear Opuntia Cactus- Red Polka Dot Prickly Pear

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff and cool blog bro!!! Thanks for sharing

    - Dave

    ReplyDelete