Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Photowalk: 31 October 2016

Photowalk: 31 October 2016

Photowalk: 31 October 2016

To open my blog post is a great image of red yucca.

Red Yucca

Was standing around for my meeting and noticed this empty lot. Yet is full. These images are not much yet I think the subjects captured are quite beautiful. Just little things I see when having the blessing of getting out of the house. The world around me.

Urban Architecture

Had a meeting the morning of the 31st. It offered me the opportunity to grab some images while in a strange neighborhood. Thought I would share some of the best. For the first set, some landscaping stones that I thought were very beautiful. I love the textures.

Cracked Stone

Cracked Stone with Copper Ore?

Would have been nice if I had used my water misting bottle to enhance the color of these stones. Maybe bring out the golden color of the iron pyrite crystal facets?

Iron Pyrite In Stone


Just so you can see, I imaged many beautiful plants as well. Captured images of some magnificent plants on this walk, too. Must have caught the landscaping right before it was to be pruned. The gardens were lush, well-kept, and at peak beauty. Below is a red yucca stalk of inflorescence. Absolutely magnificent.

More Red Yucca

No photowalk is complete without an image or two of the oleander. Deadly poison this is... "Dog's Bane."

Dog's Bane and Ant

Going through these many images, I realized how many images were captured. Have more oleander to share. As well as others.The oleander shrubs had seed pods because the Landscaping crews had not been butchering the gardens to ease the workload.

Am working on these photos... have discovered DUST. Found a nice flare in this Ponderosa Pine image. Western Yellow Pine. Is a six-sided hex... a true flare.

Lots of these pine trees lined Flamingo on my walk. They are thirsting, yet we are self-compliant in most cases with water restrictions. The foliage could be much thicker on these trees. The Ponderosa Pines at the park directly across from my apartment are thick because plenty of water is used to water the lawn for the kids to run and play. Do kid's stuff and exercise... and this benefits the trees.

But I got up close and found an insect that is known to be hard on trees. Halyomorpha halys. This is obviously a contributor to the sparseness of the tree's foliage. The pine "cone" is actually quite edible.

Alongside the lush landscapes accompanying this photowalk were the un-butchered Chinese Fan Palm Trees. One on our many indoor gun ranges has been moved to a more profitable location, and the business front has not been maintained for lack of a new proprietor. I was astonished to see how the seed branches actually "are" if allowed to mature... (and on a side note) I honestly believe landscape companies butcher their locations to make professional upkeep more of a mass production assembly line process. Less work and care for the same basic rate. This is understandable. Making a profit at the expense of actually utilizing a skill at a master's level is the way Americans have been doing things quite a number of years. Doing things the way it is done inside other countries at the loss of our craftsmanship. Enough of that! The images of these palm trees that have had zero maintenance speak for themselves.

Beautiful Fan Palm Trees

It would be nice if there were enough time in each day for me to be able to harvest these edible fruits. Yummo!

Examples Of Palm Fruit

Time is becoming a factor because of positive choices. Am committed to constructing this blog today, and I have plants to take pictures of tomorrow and gardening tomorrow that will use that day, and so on. Great!! Am starting to wonder if palm fruit pie would taste good, yet there are more important tasks at hand. Yikes. Responsibility.

It seems to me that there is quite a bit of ripe fruit. There were two trees. Here are some Mexican Bird Of Paradise. They are shrubs with unique and beautiful flowers which are often included in Vegas landscapes.

There were quite a few different shrubs that were allowed to grow to monumental proportions. These Barbados Fence Plants/Bird of Paradise were one of them. The image below, my perspective is straight up. This shrub must have been twenty feet high.

Grabbed some of those seed pods while I was at it. There is a big area along the side yard fence that needs thorny shrubs to keep out kids. This area will be my project this spring and summer. Will plant some of the seeds I gathered while out on this photo walk. Have some seed from this type of plant also.

"Yellow" Mexican Bird Of Paradise

And a nice detail of the above image.

No comments:

Post a Comment