Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Post Two 2018: My Flowers

Why I Garden

Note:
Copyright © 2018 Lonnie D.Watkins

Why I Garden:

These are flowers that I have grown, and the images are of my own plants. Have been trying to cultivate flowers for many years in this harsh environment. Am going to attempt to use as few words as possible to describe them; may use other's words more qualified.

Flowers, Their Poetic Beauty

  • White-Star Jasmine:
  • Fragrance. Totally pleasant.

    Trachelospermum jasminoides

    27 May 2013


  • Bougainvillea:
  • Enduring beauty

    Bougainvillea spp.

    An image of Red Bougainvillea

    30 May 2013


  • "Showy" Baby's Breath
  • "Little flower—but if I could understand" [Tennyson]

    Gypsophila elegans

    27 May 2013


  • Blue-Eyed African Daisy
  • "Stars wheel in purple, yours is not so rare"[H. Doolittle]

    Osteospermum x hybrida

    30 March 2013


  • Pink Evening Primrose
  • Pajamas, Pink

    Oenothera rosea

    9 June 2013


  • Spanish Flag Lantana
  • Ode To Guernica Reds

    Lantana camara (Spanish Flag)

    23 May 2013

    Thought this image below might accent my "Ode To Guernica Reds"

    Another Lantana Camara (Spanish Flag)

    11 July 2014

    During the flowering season of 2014, Spring-Summer, I moved from one apartment to another and did not have established flowering plants. Am very happy to be at this new apartment because of its available square area to work gardening instead of just a front planter, yet there are not many images to include for the years 2014 nor 2015. At this new apartment I have concentrated on cactus because of my efforts to conserve water. Much of what I have been doing at this new apartment is discussed, , in Post One. Post one is about my new gardening issues.Compacted dead dirt, rocks and stones, and intense deadly heat are the major concerns. Am constructing compost heaps and raised planters in my efforts during 2018 to restore my garden.Creating real soil is an important part of this new garden.

    Started with a bunch of potted plants over at the new place. Lost most of them to heat and sunlight.


  • Parry's Penstemon
  • Penstemon parryi

    23 March 2015

    I brought the Parry's Penstemon over to this apartment in a pot.


  • Shamrocks
  • Oxalis ssp. And Trefoil ssp.

    16 March 2015

    Brought this flower over in a pot. Mom gave them to me. She named them Shmrocks as will I. Researched them: Binomial name is Oxalis crassipes ‘Rosea’ and they originate in Japan. The correct common name being Pink Wood Sorrel.

Copyright © 2018 Lonnie D.Watkins

TOP

No comments:

Post a Comment